APPLIED STATISTICS CERTIFICATION
Acuity Institute’s Applied Statistics Certification Course is the most dynamic certification package available. It includes 6 months of online instructor and customer service support; through multiple touch points, we support you throughout the journey. The Applied Statistics course is administered in the Online Hybrid Learning Method, which blends together Offline Course Work, Online Quizzes and Exam, Practice Exercises, and Practical Application. Acuity Institute sets the standard for training and certification for individuals looking to further their statistics skills. One of the best credentials we have is defined by the diversity of the Acuity Institute student population enrolled across 65 countries worldwide. We look forward to supporting you in your journey to becoming certified in Applied Statistics with Acuity Institute.
Acuity Institute’s Applied Statistics is an essential course for experienced Lean Six Sigma Practitioners and Project Leaders who want to improve their analytical abilities and achieve superior results. This course is designed to provide Master Black Belts, Black Belts, and experienced Project Leaders the additional statistical tools and concepts necessary to successfully analyze, improve and execute their continuous improvement efforts. Acuity’s curriculum is a dynamic blend of theory and practical application of tools.
Applied Statistics looks at data and the underlying principles in more depth and introduces more advanced tools than Acuity’s Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course material. This course covers the fundamentals of statistics such as the types of data, populations and samples, location, spread and stability and statistical parameters. It focuses on the impact of variation on decision making and how to use statistics to make good decisions.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Utilize the key principles of statistics
- Utilize Data distributions and the principles of probability
- Recognize how to graph data and utilize grouping and analysis techniques
- Describe the principles of good data collection and sampling techniques (discrete and continuous)
- Perform and analyze measurement system studies (MSA)
- Recognize how to understand Non-Normal data; where it comes from, and how to effectively analyze it
- Perform and interpret regression and correlation analysis
- Construct hypothesis tests and choose the appropriate comparative test
- Recognize how to design and conduct a Design of Experiments (DOE)
Students are trained and tested on their understanding and ability to apply the tools and techniques pertaining to Applied Statistics.
Course Prerequisites: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt – Recommended
Acuity Institute’s Applied Statistics course leverages the Online Hybrid Learning Method, which consists of 5 distinct parts: Offline Course Work, Practice Exercises, Online Quizzes, Practical Application, and Online Certification Exam. Certification for this course will be awarded when all 5 parts are successfully completed. Thoroughly completing each part of the Applied Statistics course takes a total of 73 hours (average completion time, actual time may vary). Throughout each part (detailed below), students will receive superior student support by an Acuity Instructor. In the course material, students will be exposed to the fundamentals of statistics and then challenged to apply their learning through Practice Exercises and Practical Application. Acuity Institute utilizes an experiential approach, expertly blending together the theory and the application. Students will walk away with a vast knowledge of statistics and have the tools and techniques to apply them in a real-life setting.
Part 1: Offline Course Work
Complete the entire Applied Statistics training course (thoroughly complete all 15 lessons)
Part 2: Practice Exercises
Complete all 46 practice exercises.
Part 3: Online Quizzes
Complete the online quiz for each of the 15 lessons – around 140 quiz questions.
Part 4: Practical Application
An important element of thoroughly understanding the key concepts and principles introduced in this course is the ability to demonstrate application beyond the exercises provided. To do this the student will be required to develop practical application examples by using data sets from their own organization or simulated information. The following is a listing of the required tools to be completed in this part: Histogram with Descriptive Statistics, Box Plot, Pareto, Scatter Plot, Discrete Sample Size, Continuous Sample Size, Testing for Normality, Attribute Measurement System Analysis, Variable Gage R&R, Process Capability Analysis, Individuals Control Chart, X-Bar & R Control Chart, P-Chart, U-Chart, Linear Regression, Multiple Linear Regression, 2 Sample t-Test, ANOVA, Chi-Square, and Full Factorial Designed Experiment – or – Fractional Factorial Designed Experiment.
Part 5: Online Certification Exam
Upon completing Parts 1 – 4 above, students will be required to achieve a passing mark of 80% or higher on the Applied Statistics certification exam. The exam is intended to validate student proficiency with the statistical tools and techniques introduced. The following highlights the Applied Statistics Certification Exam.
- The Applied Statistics Certification Exam is included in the program. Students will have 1 attempt to successfully pass the exam (80% or higher). If a student does not pass the exam they will be charged a fee of $25 if they choose to retake the exam. Upon submitting the retake fee, Acuity Institute will provide areas in the course for the student to review prior to the next exam attempt.
- The exam is administered online. Students will need to have an active internet connection to complete the exam.
- The exam is open book. Students may use any reference materials to complete the exam (training manuals, project materials, etc.).
- Students have a maximum of 120 minutes to complete the exam.
- Once the entire exam is complete, the student will be notified immediately if they passed the exam. Students will not have access to their answers; this information is keep confidential to Acuity Institute.
INSTRUCTOR SUPPORT (6 Months Access)
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Student Center. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
STATISTICAL ANALYSIS SOFTWARE
Acuity Institute provides students of this course with a perpetual license (which means it is yours to keep) of SigmaXL statistical analysis software, which is a $249 value. SigmaXL is a leading provider of user friendly Excel Add-ins for statistical and graphical analysis. It is powerful but easy to use software that will enable students the ability to apply statistical and data analysis techniques taught in the Applied Statistics Program.
While the Applied Statistics course is created for use with SigmaXL we recognize that some students may already have another Statistical Analysis Software. We allow students to use other software, but cannot offer them support should they have software related questions.
PRINTED COURSE BOOKS
Included in this course are the printed course books. The printed course materials include 4 separate books containing over 1000 pages of Applied Statistics theory, practice exercises, tools and techniques.
(NOTE: If you are ordering from outside the US there will be an additional shipping charge to mail the Printed Course Books)
The Applied Statistics eBook (electronic copy) contains much of the same content as the printed instructional materials. The eBook includes over 1000 pages of Applied Statistics theory, practice exercises, tools and techniques. The eBook is fully searchable and contains many links to assist students in quickly navigating to key tools and concepts. The eBook allows students the ability to capture notes and comments within the eBook for future reference. Students can print directly from the eBook. To protect the electronic intellectual property of the course content, students will not be able to copy from the eBook.
IACET CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (ACCREDITATION)
Acuity Institute has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences. 7.3 IACET Continuing Education Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
PMI PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS
Acuity Institute is an approved provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Being a Registered Education Provider allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As a Registered Education Provider, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI established quality assurance criteria. 73 PMI Professional Development Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
Accessing Acuity Institute’s Online Quizzes and Exam:
- Windows – one of the following web browsers (noted version or later): Internet Explorer 6, Google Chrome, Firefox 1.5, Safari 3, Opera 9.5 (Internet Explorer or Firefox is highly recommended)
- Macintosh – one of the following web browsers (noted version or later): Firefox 1.5, Safari 3 (Firefox is highly recommended)
- A computer with Microsoft Office 2003 or higher (required to utilize the provided data sets and SigmaXL)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on the computer (speakers or headphones)
- Adobe Reader (free software)
- Adobe Flash Player (free software)