Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course has been cost effectively designed to teach Lean Six Sigma fundamentals and its application to full-time improvement team project members. Students are trained and tested on their understanding and ability to apply the tools and techniques of all elements of the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology. As part of the DMAIC methodology, students are taught how to integrate Lean Six Sigma into an overall approach to process improvement.
- Understand Lean Six Sigma and the DMAIC methodology
- Learn and apply skills in project management, process management, lean, change management, and statistical analysis
- Understand their role in a successful Lean Six Sigma deployment
- Properly scope, define and lead Lean Six Sigma projects
- Transition Green Belt projects from phase to phase
- Close out Green Belt projects upon completion
- Present projects to peers and managers
- Apply methods learned in the DMAIC process to business issues
- Apply statistical analysis to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs
- Characterize the equation y = f(x)
- Navigate statistical analysis software (SigmaXL or Minitab)
Training is conducted online and uses a multi-media format that includes audio by Lean Six Sigma experts, examples of successful performance improvement, interactive simulations and quizzes, and the most current and robust tools and techniques available. The course is “self- paced” and can be accessed at anytime – anywhere; providing the most flexibility to complete the course. On average, students complete the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course in 105 hours.
Acuity Institute’s Learner Central (see screen shot below)
After you enroll in the course you will have access to Acuity Institute’s easy-to-access and user-friendly online training portal, Learner Central. Learner Central is available anytime and anywhere a high speed internet connection is available. When you log into Learner Central you will arrive at the content home page. This is where you will access all your course lessons and navigation tools. As you complete lessons, Learner Central will keep you informed on the completion status for all lessons. Within Learner Central you always know how far along you are in your training program.
Acuity Institute’s Lesson Player (see screen shot below)
Once you select a lesson from Acuity Institute’s Learner Central, a lesson player will launch. At the top of the lesson player is the course lesson name and elapsed and total time for the lesson you are viewing. In the lesson player you have complete flexibility on how you want to view the lesson; such as navigation by the lesson outline, thumbnails or search for specific text within the entire lesson. At the bottom of the lesson player are the player controls. Here you can control the volume, view your progress within a slide and utilize the play controls such as start, pause, forward and backwards. In addition, at the top right corner of the lesson player is the resources tab, which allows you to access Acuity Institute’s instructor support, download important documents and view suggested links.
Acuity Institute’s Instructor Support (see screen shot below)
An additional benefit is the support you receive while you are enrolled in your program. At Acuity Institute we want the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, or general technical support.
We offer support for all active students through Acuity Institute’s Student Center. You can quickly access the Student Center from the “Resources” drop down menu which is accessible from all course lessons. In the Student Center you can search the Acuity Institute Knowledgebase, perform the Troubleshooter, Download frequently accessed documents and Submit a Ticket by email for support. After your ticket is received, an Acuity Institute Expert will personally respond to your ticket in 1 business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute Expert will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
Acuity Institute’s Simulated Project
As a part of Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Standard Program you will have access to Acuity Institute’s world class simulated project. At Acuity we recognize that not every individual has the opportunity to complete an actual Lean Six Sigma project while completing training. Therefore, we have created a real world simulated project that takes students from the beginning to the end of a problem and solution. The simulated project helps to build the students understanding of the concepts taught in training and provides practical application of the tools. Students complete the course better prepared to apply what they have learned in the real world.
The simulation is based on a hypothetical company that faces many of the same problems companies deal with today. The simulation is designed to illustrate the entire business improvement effort through every phase of the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology. Students complete 32 challenging deliverables which build on previously learned tools and concepts taught in training. When complete, students have a significant perspective on what true business improvement means and a tangible “project story” that they can utilize throughout their process improvement journey.
- 12 Months access to Acuity Institute’s online Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Standard Program (27 Lessons, 160+ Quiz Questions and Multiple Exercises).
- 12 Months access to Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Simulated Project.
- 12 Months access to Acuity Institute’s Expert Instructors.
- Access to Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Exam. Many companies strive for quality and what a better way to show your commitment then to successfully pass your Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Exam.
- Acuity Institute provides its Green Belts with SigmaXL statistical analysis software ($249 value).
- Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt 850+ pages eBook containing much of the same content as the online instructional materials. The ebook includes numerous pages of Lean Six Sigma statistics, project management, process management, lean, and change management tools and techniques. The ebook is fully searchable and contains many links to assist students in quickly navigating to key tools and concepts. The ebook allows students the ability to capture notes and comments within the ebook for future reference. Students can print directly from the ebook.
- Printed Course Books: The printed course materials include 5 separate books containing over 850 pages of Lean Six Sigma statistics, project management, process management, lean, and change management tools and techniques. Students are also provided with the Simulated Project course book (over 190 pages). Shipping to a location within the United States is included. All other destinations will be charged a delivery fee.
- Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Toolkit. Through our experiences we have assembled the Lean Six Sigma Toolkit. The toolkit assists Lean Six Sigma practitioners in keeping focused on their project work and not creating “templates”. The toolkit includes 31 templates from the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology.
- 10.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successful completion of the course requirements. Acuity Institute has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences.
About the Course Developer
Acuity Institute’s School of Business Leadership is accredited through the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Acuity is also an approved school with the State of Colorado’s department of higher education. Over the past several years Acuity’s Lean Six Sigma Experts have worked with many companies and thousands of individuals in 49 countries throughout the world to achieve Lean Six Sigma success. Our mission is to provide cost effective Lean Six Sigma Training and Certification options that are designed with the highest standard of expertise.
Our expertise stems from years of practicing Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques with organizations across a wide variety of industries. All of our Lean Six Sigma Experts were involved in the front lines of early Lean Six Sigma deployment efforts while employed with global companies like General Electric. Our team of certified Lean Six Sigma practitioners has a proven track record while serving as Lean Six Sigma Certified Master Black Belts, Black Belts, and Trainers.
The lead instructor of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Program is Brent Drever. Over the course of the past 14 years Brent has partnered with many top organizations to achieve measurable Lean Six Sigma business improvement results through process effectiveness and efficiency, unparalleled customer satisfaction and superior market performance. His ability to leverage his deep expertise, outstanding partnering skills and his bias for results has yielded millions of dollars of benefits to the bottom line for his clients. His primary focus is on the strategic deployment and execution of business performance improvement methodologies with a specific emphasis on the application of Lean Six Sigma.
Brent has national and international business experience with all sizes of companies across a range of industries. His primary client list includes: AIG Insurance, Argus Realty Investors, Arrow Electronics, CyberSteel, Deutsche Bank, Fidelity Investments, Getty Images, Great- West Life, Harleysville Insurance, Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Services, Level 3 Communications, Newmont Mining, Ocwen Federal Bank, Point B Solutions Group, Real Office Solutions, and Rhythms NetConnections. Partnering with his clients, Brent has managed and coached numerous complex Lean Six Sigma initiatives in various disciplines, including: finance, information technology, manufacturing, operations, product development, marketing, sales, human resources, and legal.
Leveraging his expertise, Brent routinely develops and delivers a wide variety of Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques. He specializes in strategy planning, business process improvement, project execution, project and executive coaching, voice of customer, and organizational change management. Brent has led the deployment of multiple Lean Six Sigma initiatives and delivered a variety of Lean Six Sigma training programs, including: Black Belt, Green Belt, Executive Champions, Sponsors, Yellow Belt, Awareness, Lean, and various Design for Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques. He has delivered Lean Six Sigma training to over 2,000 executives, managers, and associates.
Brent is the Managing Director of Acuity Institute. Brent also manages QPM Solutions, a Lean Six Sigma consulting company. Prior to founding Acuity Institute and QPM Solutions, Brent held management positions at GE Capital, PricewaterhouseCoopers Management Consulting (now IBM Business Consulting Services), and various other businesses. During his tenure at GE Capital, he worked with a number of business units to achieve measurable improved business results through managing and coaching multiple Lean Six Sigma project teams. At PricewaterhouseCoopers, Brent specialized in managing client programs focused on strategic planning, project and executive coaching, Lean Six Sigma performance improvement, organizational change management, and training.
Brent is a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Master Black Belt and has a Bachelors of Science degree in Architectural Engineering.
Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Requirements:
- Successfully complete all 27 online course lessons
- Successfully pass all 27 lesson quizzes
- Successfully pass Acuity Institute’s Green Belt Exam
- Successfully complete the Simulated Project Certification