Value Stream Mapping occurs during the Measure Phase of Process Mapping. These training slides explain how to develop a Value Stream Map, and make the process easy to follow and implement.
You can use these slides as a refresher for you, or in a training/classroom environment. The Value Stream Mapping (VSM) Training Slides are written in an easy-to-read manner with graphics that aid the student’s comprehension. In addition, the material discusses many details that are not found in most Lean and Six Sigma training materials.
Why is Value Stream Mapping important? Because it helps:
- Display the current process in a visual manner for everyone to understand
- Identify sources of waste in your value stream
- Conceptualize what the value stream should look like
- Identify project opportunities
The Value Stream Mapping (VSM) Training Slides will help you learn the following:
- What is a value stream?
- How to develop a value stream map
- Metrics to incorporate in a VSM
- How to identify opportunities for improvement on the value stream map
- How to draw a “current state” VSM using key symbols
- The different types of symbols used in value stream mapping.
Value Stream Mapping (VSM) Training Slides are designed for business professionals who are interested in applying process improvement techniques in their workplace. Some of these professionals may include Quality Managers, Continuous Improvement Managers, Process engineers, etc.